The privacy and security of your information is very important to us. Whether you are booking a room or are a member of one of our loyalty programmes, we want you to trust that the information that you have provided to us is being properly managed and protected.
We have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain more about who we are and how we collect and manage your information.
Who we are
This Privacy Statement is issued by the InterContinental Hotels Group of Companies (collectively referred to as “IHG”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Statement), which includes the direct and indirect subsidiaries of InterContinental Hotels Group PLC and covers information collected and used by us in the course of our business. Your information may also be collected and used by IHG-branded hotels. In most cases these hotels are independently owned and their use of your information is only covered in this Privacy Statement where specifically noted.
If you would like to learn more about IHG and our relationship with our IHG-branded hotels, click below.
About IHGWe are a global hospitality company with IHG-branded hotels in nearly 100 countries. We predominantly franchise our brands to, and manage hotels on behalf of, independent third-party owners. We also operate a number of programmes that are related to our hotel business such as IHG Rewards Club, which is our core loyalty programme.
About our IHG-branded hotelsWe franchise our brands to, and manage hotels on behalf of, third-party owners. Most hotels operating under IHG’s brands are independently owned and operated by parties that have entered into a franchise agreement with IHG that allows them to use an IHG brand for the purposes of operating a hotel (referred to as “Franchisees” or “Franchised Hotels”). If you make a reservation through us to stay at an IHG-branded hotel, we will share your information with that hotel. However, as IHG-branded hotels are not owned or controlled by IHG, their use of your information will be governed by their own privacy practices and is only covered in this Privacy Statement where specifically noted.
Information we collect and how we use and share itWe collect and use personal information if you make a booking through our reservation system, stay at an IHG-branded hotel or participate in one of our loyalty programmes such as IHG Rewards Club. To learn more, please click the relevant section below.
If you make a reservation or stay at an IHG-branded hotelInformation we collect: We collect information from you when you make a booking through our reservation system or stay at an IHG-branded hotel. Information collected during the course of the reservation and during your stay may include:
Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality and payment card information;Information relating to your membership in one of our services or programmes or those of our programme partners such as your IHG Rewards Club number or frequent flyer number; andInformation such as stay and room preferences made during the course of your reservation such as your preferred room type and specific requests to the hotel.
This information may be provided to us directly when you make a reservation through one of our global reservation offices, through our websites, directly at the hotel or through our mobile applications. In some cases we may receive this information from a third party, such as when you book through an online travel agency or if information is provided directly to one of our Franchisees.
How we use this information: We use the information collected from you primarily to fulfil your hotel reservation. Prior to your stay this may include sending your information to the hotel or sending you pre-stay communications. Following your stay, we may also send you post-stay communications and satisfaction surveys to get feedback on your experience.
In some instances where we have your consent or where permitted under applicable law, we may send you marketing communications (which may include text messages or calls placed using autodialler technology) for products and services that we believe would be relevant for you. We also may use information related to your stay to display targeted advertisements on our websites or on third-party websites or to send you more relevant messaging. Additionally, we use this information for purposes of aggregated trend and statistical analysis to evaluate and improve our products and services, plan new hotel locations and services and other market research.
Who we share your information with: We will share your information with the hotel you are staying at to fulfil your reservation. We may also share your information with third-party service providers to provide services in relation to our business as well as to help us improve our products and services. For example, we might use a third party or a third-party product for the purposes of market research and data analytics. In certain instances, subject to local consent requirements, third-party service providers may also assist us with various marketing campaigns. We may also share your information with third parties, including our IHG Rewards Club partners and other third parties, to extend special offers about their own products and services to you. These parties have agreed to comply with our privacy requirements.
Aside from the purposes described above, we do not share your stay information with any other third parties unless we have your consent or under special circumstances, such as:
when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or IHG property;when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; orin the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction.
If you join one of our loyalty programsInformation we collect: We collect information from you during the course of your membership in any of our loyalty programmes and services, including our core loyalty programme, IHG Rewards Club. Information collected during the course of your enrolment and participation in these programmes may include:
Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality, birthday and payment card information;Your membership number and pin as well as details of your memberships with any of our programme partners such as our airline or car rental partners;Information that you may choose to provide in your loyalty profile, such as your personal stay and destination preferences; andMarketing preferences, including how you prefer to be contacted by IHG as well as what types of information you are interested in hearing about.
This information may be provided to us directly through our global reservation and customer care offices, through our websites, via social media, directly at the hotel or through our mobile applications. In some cases we may receive this information from a third party, such as one of our Franchisees. We may also collect information from other sources, such as publicly available information, to help identify what types of marketing information you may be interested in hearing about.
How we use this information: We use your information to operate and provide services in connection with our loyalty programmes. We also use your information to improve our products and services.
This may include:Enrolment in the loyalty programme;The order and delivery of merchandise that you have redeemed online;Sending you updates, account statements and other information relating to your participation in one of our programmes or services;Sending you marketing communications (which may includ
Effective Date: December, 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.hiosakanamba.com owned and operated by Holiday Inn Osaka Namba. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our web site: www.hiosakanamba.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email to speed things along a bit.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Holiday Inn Osaka Namba, 542-0084 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Chuo-ku Soemon-Cho 5-15, Japan. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, please send an email to email@example.com.